The Alphabet Challenge

I am back! My computer went kaput for a little while which prevented me from doing any Simming or blogging. Additionally, I have to skip two challenges because my computer was crashing due to having to switch back and forth between the live game and main menu (find these challenges' info on The Short List). Oh well. When I get a new computer I can swing back around.

Onto the good stuff. This next challenge is a loooong one. I am actually still working on it. In the interest of keeping things moving I will review what I have done so far and continue to play in between the shorter challenges

The Gist of It


The rules of the Alphabet Challenge are very straight forward.
  • Create an adult sim of any gender with any personality
  • Give them the hopeless romantic or flirty trait (rest of them are up to you)
  • Meet a sim, get married, and make babies
    • The baby is the start of the first generation
    • Give them letters than begin with "A"
  • When your baby or babies are grown choose a founder by your own rules (either by looks, age, skill level, etc.) for the next generation and kick everyone else out
    • Their babies will be named with the letter "B"
    • Each generation's founder must be chosen the same way
  • Rinse and repeat 
Like I said, this is a long one. It has 26 generations. 0.0 aaaand it does not say anything about lifespan so I am assuming it is set on normal. The orginator specifies no money cheats which leads me to believe that you can use other cheats, too. Wouldn't it be helpful to know everyone already? :)

My Game Play

Meet Johnny. He is an aspiring world renowned surgeon who just wants a big family to love.

 I decided to go with one of the basic houses and set up his bachelor pad. As soon as that was done it was off to the local tavern to meet some potential wives. There were several that he flirted with but none panned out until Meg.
 Meg seemed smitten. They went from strangers to in a committed relationship within the day. While she seemed a bit odd I thought John had found his match. When the bar closed they headed their separate ways. The next day John called and she was too busy to talk. That's fine. Later on he asked her to come over. She didn't feel like it. The next couple of days went like that. After calling to ask her out on a date and she said no again I decided it was time for him to get back out there. I sent Johnny to the higher end club this time and who was there? That's right, Meg. He broke it off with her and went back to his regular tavern.

Lin seems unsure about this stranger's odd outfit

He met Lin from China and they both felt the attraction. (By the way, what kind of work outfit it a tux jacket and underwear?) They hit off but she had to go back to China. Several phone calls later and a request for her to visit led them to being in a committed relationship.

 After a few days Johnny proposed, they got married in a private ceremony, and she moved in. It took several days for them to conceive. I had them try every chance they got. No one took a regular shower in that house!

Meet Anne. The first generation of the Alphabet Challenge. Only 25 more to go!

The review

This challenge is not much more different than other baby breeding legacy challenges. In order to spice things up I would recommend playing it in conjunction with other challenges. Maybe one generation can be a complete all skills sub-challenge. Another can be top of the career sub-challenge. Without additional game play specifications it can quickly turn into the normal game so many of us are trying to modify.

Fun: 2/5. Nice but needs additional player input to be fun.
Difficulty: Easy. Keep having babies and name them in alphabetical order.
Time frame: Clear the calendar if you want to complete this challenge straight through
Playability: 3.5/5: Easy to follow the rules but gets stale quickly

Overall rating: 2/5

Comments

Popular Posts